I took this picture of Oli and myself today at the pool. After we got done swimming, we were walking home and had to pass by a group of cheerleaders that were practicing on my uni’s campus. One of the cheerleaders looked at Oliver and said, “She’s so cute!” With a smile on my face, I ruffled Oli’s hair and said, “HE.” as we continued walking past her. Immediately the girl winced, turned to her friend, and said, “Oh my god, she’s turning him gay..”
I am not turning my son gay by allowing him to express himself by wearing a floral dress. I’m so sick of people making comments that I’m altering my son’s sexual orientation or his gender identity because he’s wearing a dress. IT’S A DRESS. IT IS LITERALLY CLOTHING. If he is gay, that’s cool, I’ll accept him no matter what, and if he decides at any point he’s anything but a boy, I’ll still accept him (er, them/her). But allowing him to pick out his own clothes and taking him clothes shopping with me so he can pick out what he likes is not going to have ANY affect on his orientation/identity. The only concern I have about him wearing a dress is when he pulls it up to show me how big his tummy is in public, because I don’t want him showing a bunch of strangers his underwear.
If he was a little girl wearing a pair of shorts or a t-shirt with a dump truck on it, no one would say anything, because dressing as a boy is different. People see wearing a dress as a negative thing when you’re a boy, they say he’ll turn gay and that I’m a bad mom and I’m trying to turn him into a girl. But the bottom line is that him wearing a dress has nothing to do with being a boy or his orientation. If he’s gay, he’s gay. He’s too young to slap a sexuality on him at 3 and a half, and that’s not something I’m particularly worried about, because at this age he treats everybody the same and doesn’t have comprehension of what sexual/romantic attraction is. Wearing a dress has nothing to do with that.
He is a boy. He plays with dump trucks, rolls around in dirt, growls at everyone, and pretends to fart for fun. He also paints his nails, is obsessed with Sailor Moon, refers to himself as Princess Oliver, and yes, wears dresses. He is a boy.
- ♈ Aries:Violent outbursts, verbal aggression (at times physical), wall punching, volatile impulsivity, confrontation, temper tantrums, complete ego centrism, impatience, nerves, hyperactivity, Aries will calm down the quickest after rage
- ♉ Taurus:Confrontational, aggressive (verbally), expect a tongue lashing, overwhelming feelings of rage, anxiety, temper tantrums, vindictive thoughts and compulsive/indulgent behaviour (cleaning/over eating). Taurus will take the longest to calm down from rage
- ♊ Gemini:Violent and volatile outbursts, physical tantrums - such as kicking in a door or screaming blue murder, followed then complete dissociation/sense of calm and amnesia, nerves and anxiety, racing thoughts, hyperactivity, expect the dual 'twin' to emerge, confusion
- ♋ Cancer:Verbal outbursts, trembling, shaking, tears, anxiety, ruminating thoughts, stomach pain and digestive discomfort, sweating, can find it hard to express words, isolation
- ♌ Leo:Temperamental outbursts, theatrics, dramatic displays of emotions - sobbing, screaming, hysteria, hostile, confrontational, firm and hurtful language, challenging
- ♍ Virgo:Tremors/shaking, racing thoughts, increased compulsions (cleaning, hair twirling), cold and aloof, uncharacteristic violence, breaking objects, hyperactivity, inability to sit still, Virgo can hold onto their anger for quite long periods
- ♎ Libra:Expect them to scream blue murder and become verbally hostile, nerves, tremors, racing thoughts, detached, irrationality, self isolation, rejection, loss of emotional control
- ♏ Scorpio:Hostility, persecutory delusions, thoughts of revenge, violence (physical and verbal) overwhelming feelings of rage and violence, firm but hurtful words, confrontational, breaking belongings, lose touch with reality/irrationality
- ♐ Sagittarius:Violent impulsivity, verbal aggression, hurtful outbursts, they tend to become tongue tied when they are angry, can burst into laughter inappropriately, make life changing decisions
- ♑ Capricorn:Clear expression of frustration, shaking, verbal outbursts and aggression, compulsive behaviour (cleaning, organising belongings), exhaustion, isolation, loss of emotional control
- ♒ Aquarius:Violent and volatile outbursts (verbal, physical - such as kicking in a door) then complete dissociation and amnesia, rapid thoughts, hyperactivity, confusion with interpreting the emotions
- ♓ Pisces:Pisces can yell in loud voices and use some hurtful verbal quips, tendency to escape from their own bodies, anxiety, irrationality, dramatization, self isolation, overwhelming uncomfortable emotions, crying, loss of emotional control
tumblr’s favourites as some of dc’s finest.
wonder woman (diana prince) → gina torres
powergirl (karen starr) → nicki minaj
zatanna (zatanna zatara) → lucy liu
black canary (dinah lance) → beyoncé
big barda (barda free) → laverne cox
someone said gina torres for diana and i stood up and shrieked and needed to immediately do a revised dreamcast. it was just Too Good. how did it not occur to me sooner???
eta: i know it’s like way late, but for people asking about laverne, i’m kinda feeling this casting?? yye
they sure did get that description right (✿◠‿◠)
art meme: 3/? colors: rose
Frederic Leighton - Elijah in the Wilderness; Alphonse Mucha - Rose; John Singer-Sargent - Mrs Carl Meyer and her Children; François-Hubert Drouais - Portrait de Femme; François-Hubert Drouais - Madame du Barry; Anton Raphael Mengs - Maria Luisa of Parma; Edgar Degas - The Pink Dancer; Edward Robert Hughes - Juliette Gordon Low; Gustave Jean Jaquet - Portrait of a Lady