This is the quote that has kept me going ever since I started to really struggle with my artwork. An artist I looked up to said these words to me when I asked for help and they have been practically inked into my soul ever since. When I am in doubt, shame, and even feeling helpless about my work… I say these words to myself.
Then I pick up a pen, and I doodle. Because that’s what I need to do.
Don’t give up. Keep drawing.
I needed to remind myself of this today.
These bits of bedroom advice are from Desireé Dallagiacomo and Kaycee Filson’s poem, “Real Sex Tips,” performed at the summer 2014 National Poetry Slam.
things girls dont like about boys
- "ew stop talking about tampons tmi"
- *draws penis on literally everything*
- "whoa chill out it’s just a joke"
- "yeah it’s 8 inches"
- "she looks like such a bitch"
- "lmao im such a lesbian"
- "if you like girls why dont you dress like one"
- "Yeah childbirth hurts but have you ever been kicked in the balls"
"period cramps cant be that bad”
"Jesus. Are you on your period?